Friday, August 13, 2010

A Very Productive Day

Today was a very productive day. I went into the studio early since I was expecting Myles from Ampersand Vintage Gallery to stop by, on his way to a paper/ ephemera show in Golden Gate Park, and drop off my paintings. I was there at 9:30. I had just finished my latest piece so I was excited to start a new one today. It was just one of those days where the time flew, I didn't eat, use the bathroom, notice anything other than my work, and next thing I knew, my painting was pretty much done! I was in the "zone". It was  a great place to be. I still need to go back and add some bright whites to the lace and veil in order to make it "pop" more. It's hard to get crisp whites when the paint is still wet so I had to walk away and let it dry. I also think her nose could use a bit of work. We are talking about, maybe, 20 more minutes of work?





No comments:

Post a Comment