Friday, August 20, 2010

Blue Gallery's Tenth Anniversary Show


Blue Gallery will be having their tenth anniversary exhibition, titled "Spectacle". My work, along with 5 other gallery artists, will be on display from September 3rd to 25th.  I am honored to be part of this show, especially since I am a new artist there. Please visit the gallery for more information.

Spectacle
10th Anniversary Exhibition

featuring:
Jhina Alvarado
Nicole Cawlfield
Dale Jarrett
Bernal Koehrsen
Ann Piper
Brad Williams

and other gallery artists

Opening reception, First Friday, September 3, 2010 6-9 pm

exhibition runs through September 25, 2010

In other news, I am mostly finished with my latest painting. I still have some work to do on the wood grain in addition to some highlights on both men's pants.  This is a little different, pose-wise, for me but I'm liking it. I want to find more random snap-shot style photos like this to start painting instead of the usual posed pictures. I like the randomness of other people in the shot, along with the awkward actions that are sometimes captured. I'm thinking it's time for me to go out hunting for more photos soon. I have a lot of paintings that need to be done for open studios, and a couple of other shows, and it all seems to coming up too soon.  I'm going to need to fill up on inspiration!


No comments:

Post a Comment