Thursday, August 5, 2010

New Painting Started

Now that I have finished my latest painting, which took months of frustration, I have started a new one. It feels good to move on to something new. This is from a photo that I found in my fiance's grandparent's basement. I'm not sure who is in the picture since I don't recognize the usual people that I have painted.

There were originally five women in this photo but I didn't think the fifth woman worked as well compositionally. I'm happy now with the amount of space these women take up. Cropping the fifth woman out was a good artistic decision, I think.

This woman kind of reminds me of one of the guys from Laurel and Hardy. I can't remember which one was the skinny one, which is who this reminds me of. She's not the prettiest woman but has a great expression on her face.

Obviously these still need a lot of work but it should be a fun piece. I should have it done in the next two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment