Sunday, October 3, 2010

Making Progress...

16" x 16" oil painting. This will be finished tomorrow.
Open studios is this coming weekend. It is an Artspan sponsored, city-wide event. The opening reception for Art Explosion Studios, where I work, is Friday, October 8th from 7-11pm. It's a great way to get in before the regular crowds and see our art first. All the artists will be there and it's usually when we break out the good alcohol and treats to share. I will have all of my older work at a discounted price and it looks like I will have at least ten new paintings to show. 

I got a lot of work done on two of the three paintings I set as a goal to finish by Thursday. These two paintings will be done tomorrow and all of the underpainting for painting three should be done. It's looking good for me to meet my goal and I may even have time to complete a fourth painting. Stop by my studio space this weekend and see what I've accomplished. The studios will be open from 11am to 6pm this Saturday and Sunday, October 9th and 10th. If you have an iPhone or iPad, you can download the app "Swerve" which gives you a map and links you to every artist who is registered through Artspan to do open studios. See you this weekend!

16" x 16" painting. This is about 90% done.



No comments:

Post a Comment