Thursday, July 28, 2011

Under-paintings Galore

Lately, I haven't been in the right "mood" to complete a painting. It's not that I don't want to paint, I do, but in the past few days I have wanted to start a bunch of pieces but not finish them. It's like I've had ADD and can't seem to stay focused on one piece long enough to finish it. It's weird. I keep telling myself that I just want to see all the pieces I'm working on at the same time and be able to work on multiple paintings at once. But that's not true. I just haven't been in a right state of mind to finish anything. It's funny how we tell ourselves lies in order to feel better about what we are doing "wrong".

At any rate, I currently have three under-paintings done and will probably complete another one tomorrow before I work on the next layer in order to finish these pieces. I'm hoping to have most of these done in the next week or two. We'll see if that happens. My non-existent ADD may kick in and I could have a dozen half-completed paintings in the works.

Let's take a look at what I have in the works:


Painting #3: 20"x16"

Painting #2: 16"x16"

Painting #1(which you've seen before): 30"x30"

No comments:

Post a Comment