Monday, July 9, 2012

"Best in Show"

This weekend, July 14th from noon until 4pm,  "Best in Show" will be opening at Lanoue Fine Art, in Boston. It's a show celebrating man's best friend and will benefit the MSPCA-Angell Animal Medical Center. My painting, "Jojo the Wonder Dog" will be in the show, along with many other beautiful works of art. If you are in the area, stop by and see the exhibit. You can also visit the website to view the full exhibit.


In other news... I worked on two new pieces today that I hope to have done by this weekend. I am starting to work on 36"x36" panels and really liking it. I have no idea how I will ship them since they won't fit in my VW Golf when boxed, but I'll worry about that later. I am trying to use candid snapshots that capture a random moment or activity. I don't want any of these 36"x36" paintings to be posed or static. This will be my third 36"x36" piece and shows, what looks like, children playing rescuers. It's an odd, odd photo but I think that's why I like it. 

I can't wait to see what this will look like when done. The boy on the left with the beanie is my favorite.

I finished the underpainting for this one today. It's 24"x24".



No comments:

Post a Comment