Friday, March 30, 2012

Very Little Progress

Spring Break was/ is this week and instead of immersing myself in paint and studio time (which was my original plan), I have been studying about limits and derivatives. I have been able to break away a few hours a day to paint, but no where near as much as I would like. The current painting I been working on seems to have been "in progress" FOREVER. I am starting to realize that if a painting takes too long, I get bored and disinterested. Now, I will still finish this painting, I have way to many hours invested in it to not, but I can't wait to start on the next batch of pieces. Here's what I have been working on:

I still have quite a bit of work to do on this painting...The panel is 30"x40". 
Add I originally thought the figure on the left was a boy, but as I was painting,
realized "he" was wearing a bikini top. I think I may lengthen her hair a bit in the back.
It will still be greased back, but maybe she will look more feminine. I may just leave it,
 I don't know. I kinda like the ambiguity. I also need to lighten her left arm a bit.
It is darker on the picture, but sometimes I tend to overdue it and make it too dark. I need
to make it darker in relation to the painting, NOT in relation to the original photo. Make any sense? 
I need to make the bar larger for the girl on the right. Although she is
looking down and the current bar is proportional to her eyes, it doesn't seem
proportional to her head or the other two figures. So much to do, so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment