Friday, May 27, 2011

Let My Summer Begin!

At the moment, I am sitting in an almost empty classroom with only one student re-taking a final exam (it's a long story better left for another day). I am minutes away from being done with the school year and finally able to call myself just a painter again, rather than painter/ pre-calculus teacher. Freedom is so close that I can taste it, and let me tell you, it's pretty sweet!

My current painting...They are hanging upside down on some monkey bars.
As I sit here trying to make myself look busy, I am thinking about all that I have to do this summer. It will not be a summer of lazing around, catching up on my sleep and reading. I will be pretty busy and I am super thankful for that  since it means many opportunities are brewing.

Next week I will be leaving for Provincetown, MA where I will be presenting at the Fifth Annual International Encaustic Conference. It will be a weekend of all things encaustics: demos, lectures, presentations, networking, and socializing with fellow artists.That will be followed by a short stay at one of my favorite artist, and good friend, Robin Luciano Beaty's studio, where I will be able to preview her work before her June 11th open studios. If you are in the area, it's an event that you don't want to miss. From there I will be heading off to New York with my wonderful husband, where I will be eating my way through the city while exploring some of my favorite museums and galleries. It's going to be a great time, and that's only the first two weeks of my summer!

When I get back, I will be in major painting mode with two shows coming up, one during the summer, and one in October. This will be in addition to getting work ready for open studios in the Fall, which always seems to coincide with a major show that I have to get ready for. In addition, I will be taking a 4 day intensive workshop with Noah Buchannon where I will be focusing on drawing the human torso. I hear his classes are pretty intense and I am looking forward to it.

It will be a busy, but great, summer. Stay tuned for updates on all of the work I am sure to create during this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment