Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Inspiration and Excitement

Every once in a while I come across a picture and start a painting that really gets me excited. We are talking "can't wait to get back into the studio" excited. I started such a painting today. It feels great be this into what I am painting. I love when I find an image that really inspires me.

 The image is of a woman leaning over on a couch while wearing a towel and reaching for her slipper. The photo has  beautiful contrast and the skin on this woman just glows. It really is beautiful. I hope I can do it justice. Unfortunately, I was only able to work on it for less than an hour since I had to leave early today.

I know it doesn't look like much right now, but in a few days, this will be a really nice painting. I decided to make this piece into a 30"x30" painting, which is a bit larger than what I usually paint for a single subject painting. I think the image is strong enough and interesting enough that it will work on the large panel. I actually can't wait to see what it looks like when it's done.

The next image is of the painting that I finished yesterday. I waxed it today since it will be included in the shipment of paintings to Madison Gallery. I am hoping that all 8 of my paintings find a good home in La Jolla real soon. Let's keep our fingers crossed for that one.

Untitled (so far), 16" x 16", oil and encaustic wax on panel.

No comments:

Post a Comment