Monday, November 8, 2010

5 Paintings and a Commission

I finally waxed the latest paintings of mine! It's not my favorite thing to do so I tend to wait until I have 4-5 paintings that need wax before I'll work on them. I would really love to hand that job over to an assistant some day. It makes my hands, elbows, and shoulders hurt for at least a few days and the larger the painting, the harder it is to get an even coat. If my paintings didn't look so good with the wax on them, I'd contemplate getting rid of that step completely. At any rate, here are the latest paintings I have available:
"Floral Bathing Suit", 16"x16", oil and encaustic wax

"Lounging on a Rock", 16"x16", oil and encaustic wax

"Deep in Thought", 16" x 16", oil and encaustic wax


"Two Little Indians", 30"x30", oil and encaustic wax
I really hope no one is going to be offended by the title of this painting. I named it "Two Little Indians" because it reminds me of the the song my dad used to sing me as a kid about all the little Indian boys. Also, it is reminiscent of when were not politically correct and used to play cowboys and Indians. I mean no disrespect to any Native Americans...

"Turtle Race", 30"x40", oil and encaustic wax

And lastly, the commissioned piece:

"Janet, Age 6", 10"x10", oil and encaustic wax





No comments:

Post a Comment