Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Today Was a Better Day

I've been in a bit of a funk lately, too much wedding and family stress. It doesn't help that I was not happy with my Mariachi painting either. Poorly painted work puts me in a bad mood. I get too frustrated with myself for not being able to make what I see in my head or in a picture, come through on my panel. I can get pretty down on myself about stuff like this sometimes.

This new one is really making me happy though and the funk is somewhat lifted. I love how working on a painting can effect my mood, especially if I am really enjoying the work and how it is turning out. I REALLY love the track that this new one is going on. I think it's going to be a strong piece when it's done. It made me enjoy my day at the studio and everything seemed better...for the moment (I still have a wedding to plan).

The hand still looks weird but I love the skirt of this dress. I still need to add some high-lights and fix the bodice a bit. I worked on the boy too. Those stripes were not fun to paint. Not fun at all! But I like the effect. He still needs a lot of work.

I worked a little more on this one. I think a few more high-lights and accents and it may be done. I really need this to be done and over with. I feel like it's done a number on my psyche.

No comments:

Post a Comment