Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Someday I'll Paint Again

It has been an extremely busy couple of days and because of this, I have had very little painting time. I find that when I go too long without getting some studio time in, I get depressed and grumpy. If you ask my fiance, he'd tell you I've been that way for a few days now. He's probably right, poor guy. Like I said, it's been a busy couple of days. I am over-stressed.

This past weekend was my bridal shower, and with it came my fiance's mom and my grandmother visiting for the weekend, and in my grandmother's case, for the rest of this week. It has been a weekend of an extreme amount of eating, shopping, and more eating. We have figured out the reception menu, the rehearsal dinner, hotels, and my fiance now has his whole wedding and rehearsal attire purchased. There is still many things that need to be done and I thank god I don't have a "day job" at the moment because I don't know where I would have fit that in.

Part of the problem is that, since I am an artist, and also have control issues, I am hand making most of the stuff for the wedding. I am making my own cake (I love making realistic gum-paste flowers), decorations, bouquets, boutonierres, favors, I am painting portraits of important family who have died and can't share the day with us...the list goes on. All of these things have some element that needs to be started soon, if not immediately. Add to that, the fact that I am still working on my grant proposal that is due this Thursday, throw in a bit of family, and we have one stressed out,  studio/ painting deprived bride to be.

I know that once the grant proposal is turned in, a lot of my stress will be relieved. I just need to get through this week. As one of my married friends told me regarding wedding planning, "After awhile, you just start drinking straight from the bottle!". I may just be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment