Monday, December 31, 2012

The Last Forgotten Memory

"Train Ride" 30"x30"
It's the last day of 2012 and how appropriate is it that I finish the last "Forgotten Memories" painting today also? I started the series in January of 2009 and it has now been four good years of painting. I remember that first painting being such a break through for me. After years of struggling to find my voice, I had finally found something that was inspiring me to paint, while also challenging me artistically. It was a series that got me into many galleries and got my name out there in the art world. But, now it's time for some new challenges and inspiration.

I have a ton of ideas of what I want to do. I want to expand on the "Forgotten Memories" concept but whereas before I left the story up to the viewer, this time I want to create my own narrative. I'm not sure exactly how I will accomplish this, I have a bunch of ideas that I need to play with still, some of which I played with earlier this year.

I will admit that I am a bit scared of this new challenge. Change is scary. What if no one likes what I paint? What if my galleries no longer want to show my work? It's so easy to fall back on what's familiar and what has worked, but if I am to grow as an artist, I need to push myself. 2013 is the year of change and new inspiration for me. It's going to be a scary few months while I get my bearings on what I want to do and how to do it, I just hope I am up for the challenge. Wish me luck!










I found the reflection of this painting to be quite challenging.
The reflection wasn't exactly a mirror image and in some areas, I
had to guess at what I was painting. I am happy with the
results though.



No comments:

Post a Comment