Monday, September 3, 2012

Building a Studio: Part One

Now that we are moved into our new house and have unpacked, it is time to get my studio in order. Most of the studio is already built, but there are a few things that need to be added. the most important thing right now is to level the floor. Currently there is a slope that causes my easel and chair to roll away from each other, and when I do paint (with the wheels of both easel and chair taped so they don't move), my back ends up hurting since I am compensating for the uneven floors. My husband and father came up with a plan to level the floor and have been working hard all weekend. I can't say I understand what they are doing, but I am excited to see the results. Hopefully it will be done sometime this week.  Here are the pictures of what they have been doing:

I think the floor is going to be where the laser is marking the wall horizontally.








Apparently this is what the floor will sit upon. Each of those pieces of wood jutting out
 is cut at a different length that will make whatever sits on top, like my floor, level.

Once the floor is done, Ben will build me a rack for all of my panels and then a wall that will separate his workshop from my space.


No comments:

Post a Comment