Sunday, January 8, 2012

First Painting of 2012 Started

It's a new year and a new painting has been started. Usually it takes me a few weeks to get back into the swing of things and start painting again. Family obligations, errands, and the all-consuming activities during the holidays can make it difficult to get to the studio. In addition, I'm usually in a holiday funk around this time of year, which can make being creative hard. But this year, who has time to take a few weeks off? Not me. I was busy painting and trying meet deadlines during the holidays and didn't have time to get in a funk. Yay!

Here is the latest painting, which I have worked on for two days so far. It is still in progress but I'm thinking another two sessions and it will be done. The painting is 30"x30". I seem to be painting larger now. 16"x16" panels are now starting to feel too small and the smallest I NOW want to work in is 24"x 24". I remember back when that size seemed so big and my favorite size was 12"x 12". Funny how things have changed.





No comments:

Post a Comment