Monday, April 4, 2011

Happy Hour, Done.

I finally finished my latest painting, now titled "Happy Hour". I am still trying to finish at least one more piece before my studio visit on Thursday. I did make some progress on the second piece so it is totally possible.

24"x30", "Happy Hour"


I have to say that the curls on this woman has been particularly difficult. I don't seem to be able to make them look like real hair. There is still a lot of work to be done, that's for sure.

In other news...it looks like I may not have many, if any, new pieces left to show for open studios this weekend after my studio visit with the curator of 111 Minna Gallery. I don't want to show the same pieces for both since 1) they may sell and then I wouldn't have the piece for the May show, 2) the shows are too close together and I don't want to "ruin" the surprise. If it turns out that I don't have much work left, I may just bring out all my old work and have a "Spring Cleaning Sale". My studio is getting pretty cluttered so it would be great to get rid of some older pieces, not that I have much of those either. I am planning on working on some paintings during open studios and having a "live painting" session or two. It's a good thing there are over 40 other artists in the same warehouse space! People can always stop by and see their work after stopping by to say "hi" to me.




1 comment:

  1. i really like happy hour!!!...and your painting titled happy hour.

    ReplyDelete