Saturday, September 25, 2010

I'm Back!!

It has been a long and exhausting two weeks of my life but it was well worth it. My wedding was beautiful, the reception was fun, and now I am married to a wonderful man who makes me happy and is super supportive of my art. I didn't get to paint during this time at all and I have been itching to get back into my studio.

The last time I painted, I was experiencing the "blahs" but I knew that once I took a break, and was unable to come in, even if I wanted to, I would get over my "blahs" and would be able to paint the next time I was able to get to the studio. Yesterday was my first day back and I am happy to say that I am my usual motivated and inspired self. I think the break really helped with my motivation. It also helps that I decided to put aside the new series I was trying out and go back to what makes me happy. I'm not saying that I won't go back to what I started earlier this month, I think the series deserves some exploration. But what I need right now is to paint art that I KNOW will make me happy. I feel like I wasn't happy with what I was painting for that new series and there's nothing like unhappiness to get you down and unmotivated. I needed some happy painting to get me back on the saddle and my "forgotten memories" series makes me happy.

I started this yesterday and am hoping this will be a diptych. In the photo, there is another girl sitting next to this one on the left. I separated the two girls and plan on painting them on two different panels, then, perhaps, displaying them together. I am happy with the way this one has turned out. The girl reminds me a bit of Tatum O'Neil, in Paper Moon.

Of course, as I always do on this series, I covered the eyes. This painting is about 90% done. I need to make the bar over her eyes a bit wider and clean up some areas. Other than that, I am ready to wax. Not bad for a day's work, I'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment