Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Two New Pieces and a Diptych Started

Two new pieces have been waxed and are ready to be shipped to my next show at Madison Gallery. Here they are:
"The Photographer", 30"x24", oil and encaustic wax on panel

"Radio Interview", 24"x54" diptych, oil and encaustic wax on panel

"Radio Interview" detail 1, 24"x30"

"Radio Interview" detail 2, 24"x24"

I haven't had much time to work on my very large diptych. It measures 30"x70" in total and has an image of some kids on monkey bars. I started it, but it looks like it may have to go on the back burner for a week. I want to paint an entry for the "Man as Object: Reversing the Gaze" show being put on by the Women's Caucus for Art. The show is about reversing the role as "muse" and having men be objectified, rather than women, in art. I have a great image of three men in bathing suits that I think would be perfect for the show. I just need to paint it by the 20th. No problem, right? 

Here's what I've started on the diptych that will have to wait until later to be completed. It's SUPER rough but you can get an idea of what I'm going for. I don't know if you can see the teenage boy and girl hanging upside down on the second panel. It's a pretty cool image.









No comments:

Post a Comment