Monday, April 25, 2011

The Second Panel

Today was a furlough day. I'd say it was a free day off except that it wasn't free. In fact, it cost me a little over $300. It was one of four days we were forced to take off without pay, as teachers. I could go on about this county's priorities, about the underfunding of schools, etc. but I think we can all probably agree that having less instructional days and having programs, staff, and other essentials cut from schools is just wrong. I'd like to think I would have been preaching to the choir had I went on... Let's hope that's true.

I think the only thing good about having a furlough day is that I was able to spend most of my day in the studio. As promised yesterday, here is the second panel of my latest diptych:


The second panel is 24"x24". This is obviously still in the underpainting stage, but I am LOVING the composition on the two panels.  Here's an image of the two panels together:



1 comment:

  1. This diptych looks great, Jhina. I love your placement of figures on the panels. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete