Tuesday, May 8, 2012

It's Been a Long Time

I have been a bad blogger. It's been a long time since the last time I wrote anything, and even longer since I wrote anything substantial. These past few months have been crazy for me and will continue to be so for another three weeks. But there is a light at the end of this tunnel. At the end of May I will be done with my time-consuming online class I have to take, the school year will be over, and I will no longer be working full-time (keep your fingers crossed...that's what they told me LAST year too and I ended up full-time the week before school started). This means more time for blogging and more importantly, more time for painting. I seem to have a never ending list of paintings I must do and ship out to galleries. More than ever, in fact. This is a great thing since it means my work is selling and I need to supply my galleries with more work. I am hoping that part of my life never slows down. Let's keep our fingers crossed for that one.

So while I don't have anything important to say, I do have some work to show.
This is the painting I started yesterday. It's a funny picture of some kids playing
 "rescuer", I assume, since one of the kids is on a stretcher. It is a 36"x36" panel.


A close up of the painting I started yesterday. It's REALLY rough.

This is my most recent painting. It is 30"x 30" Once it's waxed, it will be available
through ArtHaus Gallery at this year's SF Art Fine Art Fair.

This is my painting for the Advanced Open Studio class I am taking. I have spent three
consecutive Sundays working on the open grisaille stage, and I'm still not done.
This is the longest any painting has ever taken me, but i am trying to be patient on this one.
 Hopefully the next class I will be able to start painting in color...

No comments:

Post a Comment